Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Training

It rained all day. I dreaded walking all day. I don't like to get wet. But about 7 o'clock tonight I put on my rain suit--yes, I have a rain suit. I know, I said I lacked proper rain gear. I have a rain suit, but it isn't very breathable, so it get warm quite quickly. Still, it keeps me dry. So I put on the rain suit and my walking shoes. Then realized I didn't want to ruin my shoes by soaking them to the core. SO I dug out some ancient shoes that I have kept on the outside chance I ever have to mow the lawn. I put them on and I headed out. My hood lacks a bill so I had large drops falling into my eyes for a while, but then...IT STOPPED RAINING!!! And I even saw glimmers of sunshine! I walked 3.5 miles (because I stink at estimating and I didn't follow the original route because it stopped raining and I didn't feel the need to stay quite as close to home). I need to get waterproof shoes, though, because those ancient shoes should be put back where they came from...they really aren't good for walking anymore...

2 comments:

  1. Hi You! Reading this reminds me of HS track meets. You would be sitting in the bleachers with your clipboard and stopwatch... in the rain. Mr. F would tell you that you didn't have to stay. But you would say: I'm not a witch, I won't melt. :) It's a good memory for me, hopefully for you too. - JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. I was apparently less averse to getting wet back then :) I'll have to try to channel some of that when it is rainy here...

    ReplyDelete