Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunny Sunday Walking

Training goal for today: 3 miles
Actual: 4+ miles

The weather has definitely perked up. The wind is still strong, so there are moments of chilliness, but overall, walking outside today was quite pleasant, weather-wise. It is still a bit treacherous, however. The puddles from the melting snow are very deep; to bypass them means to walk on the icy edge of the side walk, in the muddy grass, or move to the street. No matter which choice is made, the walking slows. Still, I managed to get just over 4 miles in. I walked from my house to Target, just over two miles away. A sure way to curb impulse buying is to know that you have two miles to walk back home! I needed a charger for my ipod, as I cannot find mine. They were out. I bought nothing and turned around and came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment