Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday's training

I did it. I walked 5.2 miles.

And here are some aggravations of the walk:

1. If you are walking a dog and using a retractable leash, it is only courteous to shorten the leash from the full 20 feet when approaching another person. I nearly tripped over a rat terrier because its owners refused to rein it in. I happily move off the sidewalk for children and families, but dogs that can be reined in? Nope.

2. If you have an in ground pool, and you are draining the spring thaw water out of it, it really shouldn't go into the storm sewer. Put it on your lawn. Especially since we have had very little rain this spring! Besides, I am pretty sure there is a city ordinance that this violates.

3. Don't fertilize the sidewalk. It isn't going to grow. Those little fertilizer pebbles just get stuck in every one's shoes and tracked into their houses. I don't like the chemicals on the floor where my children play. Thanks, but no thanks.

4. Don't water the concrete. It isn't that hard to adjust your sprinklers so that they are watering grass, not sidewalk. And it is much nicer to walk without having to dodge the water.

Maybe I am just crabby today. It is my Mom's birthday. She would have been 61.

No comments:

Post a Comment