Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday training

Today was supposed to be a 5 mile walk. Since that is what I did in week 2, one would think I might be able to do it again, and keep if close to the 5 miles. After all, I have already walked a 5-mile route by my house once, just follow the same route. Nope. In general, once I have walked it, I forget it. So I ended up walking 6.3 miles. Yep. I still stink at estimating!

The upside is it took me about an hour and a half, my shins only hurt for the first mile or so, AND I finally got a charger for my ipod, so I had music for the very first time on my walk! While I can't use it on the actual event, I can train with it. Never underestimate the power of good music. It seemed to take a lot less time to walk, and I kept a better pace, and just as the walk became drudgery, a new song would come on and spur me along a bit farther.

The bummer is my knee started to hurt a bit as I hit the last stretch of my walk (over five miles, probably close to 5.5). I think I am rolling my foot poorly. I tried to focus on stabilizing my knee planting my foot more appropriately. I'll have to figure that out before it gets worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment