Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday training

It is in the low 40's and raining. But I walked a little over 5 miles. And was done by about 11 am. It'll warm up a bit, but not much, so it wasn't worth waiting for that. And it is supposed to rain off and on most of the day, so no point in trying to avoid that. I put on the lovely rain gear I have (it is old, but still repels the water, so it will do), and I headed out in the neighborhood, doing the regular 5 mile loop. Now that I have walked the neighborhood enough, I know when I have hit 1 mile, 2 miles, 3 miles, 4 miles etc., when I am no my set route. I also diverge from it much less than I used to.

I still struggle through the first 2 miles. Part of it is I am walking fast, I know that. But my shins hurt so much those first 2 miles! I stop and stretch them regularly (while trying to not arouse any suspicion as I often resort to using mailbox posts as my stabilizer. I'm not stealing your mail, honest! The grass is just too wet for me to step onto it and drag my toe in it, or I would be using the stop sign!) I guess it is good that it only lasts for 2 miles, but I would prefer it if I didn't have the pain at all! More shin strengthening? I guess that is what I will have to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment