Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday training

Four miles? well, you see, I *thought* it was about 2.5 miles to the library. I figured I would walk there and back and it would be a little over 4, but that would be fine. Hmmm. It is ~3 miles to the library. And the last mile there is up hill the whole way. And the wind was blowing directly at me. And I was carrying a backpack full of books to return that had to weigh at least 20 pounds (I had a lot of books checked out). Yep. I do think I officially nuts. So I walked there and back.

My shins were HORRIBLE for the first mile and a half, I stretched them 3 times in the course of about a quarter mile, they hurt so much. I almost called home to have someone come and get me, they were that bad. But then they got better. My knee was a little off, but not bad. I need to get better arch supports for my shoes, though. I think the ones I have are going to give me a blister if I am not careful.

I am thoroughly enjoying having my ipod for these walks all by myself, though. It makes them go by a bit quicker. Oh, and this one took about an hour and a half...just a little over. A little less than 6 miles in 90 minutes is a pretty good pace. I won't be able to keep that pace for 20 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment