Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday's training

It was supposed to be 6 miles, but I did about 5.5 miles. I might go out and try to pick up the extra half mile, we'll see how the rest of the day unfolds. I thought the path around the lake I was walking was 2 miles, but it was shy of 2 miles, so I didn't quite get the distance I needed.

The change of scenery was quite nice, however. I got to see lots of birds and geese. I dodged goose droppings along the whole of the path, though, which was a bit less than fun. Still, it was nice to be off the neighborhood streets for a walk.

I still battle my shins for the first 1 to 2 miles. I get relief when I stop and stretch, and after 2 miles they are fine. Lately my right knee has been causing me a bit of trouble. It has been a bother since I was in middle school and got hit with a soccer ball. In recent years, however, it has been much better. I rarely notice it hurting. And it really doesn't hurt, per se. I think it moves too much sideways. I don't know how to fix that. Is it my shoes? My arch supports? Do I need a brace? Guess I'll be doing a bit of research...

No comments:

Post a Comment