Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Training

I did my 5 miles. I wasn't sure I wanted to, and I really wasn't sure the weather would hold! The dark clouds rolled in just as I started my walk and threatened rain. Since I was doing a neighborhood walk, I figured out all of my abort points (friends houses where I could dive in and use a phone to call hubby!) The route I took had outs at 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, and 4.5 miles. I also decided that as long as there was no thunder or lightning, I would keep walking. Fortunately, there was not thunder or lightning. There also was very little rain. It started to sprinkle about a third of a mile from home. My legs were tired from yesterday, and that didn't get better. My tush hurts from all the hills, and that didn't get better. I did walk the hilliest of my neighborhood walks, to try to get a little more endurance for hills. I hope the path for the 3-day isn't too hilly, but since I don't know what the route is yet, I figure it is better to be prepared, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment