Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saturday Training

My older sister and I decided to take our walk on location yesterday. We needed 11 miles, which is less than fun on a "neighborhood walk." So we hit a local state park. And we did a little over 11 miles (closer, really, to 12). The terrain was MUCH more challenging. We had a ton of hills to ascend and descend. You can't walk as fast when you are climbing a hill! It has also been so dry around here (really, really, REALLY dry) that the grass was crunchy and there were lots of prickles to get in our shoes and socks. We stopped many times to remove the prickles and rocks that found their way into annoying spots in our shoes. It was incredibly windy, too. And dusty. I had a line on my legs where my pants stopped. But the scenery was pretty, and we walked the whole distance we needed. We also determined we will not head back to that particular park to train again! My legs are feeling the hills today!

No comments:

Post a Comment