Thursday, July 2, 2009

The week that was

I haven't been updating like I should be, sorry about that. All the walking has kept me busy, as has life in general! So here is the recap of week 16:

I skipped both Tuesday and Wednesday, to let the blisters heal a bit.

Saturday I skipped the shoe clinic (there was just not time in the day!), helped my sister move, and then walked part of the Minneapolis chain of lakes. It was a pleasant walk, but it was 15 miles! No amount of pretty scenery can make 15 miles painless. I ended up with a hot spot on the bottom of my left foot. I put moleskin on it when we had about 2 miles left to go, but that only sort of helped.

Sunday I did 11 miles. Kiddo walked 2 of them with me. It was so fun to have him along! He talked a blue streak, so it went by fast. I think I'll try taking him on a few more walks with me!
I walked 5 more after I dropped him off at the park (with Kutey and DH). Then I walked 4 more in the evening with 2 of my sisters. It was good to break it up. The blisters on my heels were much better, though still covered in moleskin. The one on the bottom of my foot required a cut out of moleskin covered with another piece in order to reduce the friction.

So there you have it, I walked a marathon in two days. Yes, I know, 15+11 is only 26 and a marathon is 26.2. We went over both days, so I figure it was more than a marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment