Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week 18

I have been delinquent.

Actually, I kinda felt the need to take back my summer. So the kidlets and I have been spending some time doing summer things. We hit a few programs I wanted to go to, we had a picnic in the back yard, and we watched fireflies. In short, we have been enjoying summer. I intend to do a bit more of that. Training for this walk feels like it has taken over my life, and I just can't let that be the case. So I am feeling less guilty about not walking during the week, and I am grateful that this weekend I have a recovery weekend with far fewer miles to do.

Last weeks plan was this:

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 5 miles

Wednesday: 45 minutes of cross training

Thursday; 6 miles

Friday: 45 minutes of cross training

Saturday: 17 miles

Sunday: 13 miles

Since I did 17 last Friday and 13 last Saturday, I swapped those for last weekends 8/6. I also just didn't walk or cross train at all. And I am OK with that.

I did go and buy new shoes last weekend. But I am not sure I am keeping them. I went to one of the partner stores for the 3-day, and I have to say I was utterly unimpressed. He brought me 3 pairs of shoes, and I think he honestly thought that was sufficient. I am not assertive enough to have said no, bring me more, so I ended up with one of those 3, and I am just not sure they are OK. And I bought some arch support insoles that I think I have to take back. The arch support is good, but they are hard and hurt the balls of my feet. That is where I have the most pain to begin with, so I think I need something that is going to accomodate that better. In all a HUGELY disappointing trip. SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment