Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Weekend

My sisters and I opted to change the 18/15 weekend. We did it this week instead of the scheduled 10/8. The 18/15 is the longest training walk on the schedule.

We walked 20 miles yesterday and 15 today, for a total of 35 miles in 2 days!! I now believe I can actually complete the walking of the 3 day! I am not sore, I am not in pain anywhere, I am a little tired, but not overly so. The only thing that hurts, and it is only a very slight pain, is the soles of my feet. There is hope!

I walked the 20 yesterday in new shoes (New Balance 645), that are exactly like my old walking shoes except a 1/2 size bigger. I got them on Friday on clearance for less than $30! I was very excited. They were fine, I still need some cushy insoles, though. We chose to walk on a multi-purpose trail from Cannon Falls to Red Wing. We stopped for lunch around the mid-point in a little town with basically one place to eat. Thankfully the food was wonderful! Two of my sisters were a bit giddy by then, so there was entertainment, too!

I walked the 15 today in my other new shoes (Brooks Defyance 2). They were even better than my old shoes. The balls of my feet hurt less than they have in my other shoes. We walked a different multi-purpose trail from Shakopee to Chaska and back. We got to stop in Chaska for lunch that way.

Both trails were beautiful, and we could not have asked for better weather. Yesterday was cloudy and the high was maybe 65 degrees. Today was sunny, with a high of around 75. Neither day was humid. Perfect walking weather, which probably was a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment