Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Training

I did all ten miles. 10 PAINFUL miles. The blister from yesterday has turned into more than one blister, on both feet.
BlistersActual blisters. On my feet. Heels, to be precise. The outside of the heel on both feet. I can't figure out just what happened. My shoes have been SO good up to this point! The only thing I can think of is it was warmer, and more humid, so maybe my feet were more sweaty?

I walked to a nearby park/recreation area where they have hiking/horseback riding/mountain biking trails. Well, sort of. The hiking trails seem to have been deemed low maintenance. they have not been mowed recently, so the grass and weeds were very long. And there was no breeze, so the bugs were TERRIBLE. And I hadn't realized how hilly the paths were. I was anxious to get out of there, but there is only one way out--to finish the loop. So I did, and then I left and went back to my city streets and sidewalks. I love to hike, I have done my share, but these paths were not appropriate for hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment